Sunday 14 February 2010

Yet more fun with wire and beads...........

I've had a hetic weekend but oddly found more me time than usual. It started on Friday when my friend unexpectedly asked me to care for her son due to an emergency. Then DD reminded me that she had friend coming for a sleepover and to top the lot, I'd invited my BIL and his wife for the weekend. I'm not sure how it's worked out but I've mananged more crafting this weekend than on a normal weekend. However, I didn't manage to make DH a Valentines card, so have to confess to buying a shop bought one.

I decided to make up the remainder of the kits I bought last weekend. The first thing I made was this wire and amethyst bracelet. I didn't really follow the instructions for this one, as it involved crochet and used stitches I'm not familiar with (I only learnt to crochet last weekend and I am left handed, so the images and descriptions for treble stitch meant very little to me and I really wanted to get it done, so I just did as I thought).

Photobucket

I then made this wire bead bracelet.

Photobucket

I'm going to try and make some matching earrings and possibly a necklace over the next few days.

4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty - well done on the top bracelet, it looks stunning. Hugs Annexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne. I'm not sure I'm ever going to be a natural at crochet - but I will persevere! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bracelets are great. Love the colours and can't wait to see the earings and necklace. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jaqui. I'll upload them to here as soon as I've finished them. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...