Sunday 7 March 2010

Karate Kid!

It was a very important day in our household today, DS aged 8 went for his first grading at Karate. Whilst his Dad took him, I stayed at home and quickly made a card. DD thought this was "a way bad idea - as it'll jinx him!!" Fortunately, he passed with flying colours and is now the very proud holder of a red belt.

I'm quiet pleased with the way this card turned out. However, I must buy some more Promarkers, as DS is a blondie and when I tried to do the hair blonde it went daffodil yellow - lol, so, I've blended it with cinnamon and he's kind of gone a strawberry blonde colour! I also need to practice getting the tones right on the hair!


Materials used:
Card Blank from The Works
Script Backing Paper - freebie from the internet
Red Paper - from my stash
Karate Figure - Sizzix die cut, coloured and shaded using Promarkers

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
allsorts challenge blog

12 comments:

  1. Wow - that is fab!! Big congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card, my eldest did his first karate grading today too but I have been completely disorganised and not made a well done card. I have bought a karate boy stamp from Sugar Nellie and I'm going to use it for his birthday card at the end of the month. Huge well done to your son, mine has been smiling all day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big well done to ds xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to your son. Mine has been like a cheshire cat and informed me that he's going to be a Han Shee (?SP)!!! I've not seen the Sugar Nellie stamp (will go and have looksie. If you want any off the Sizzix Bodies and outfits send me a PM or email and I'll send you some.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your son & fab card :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card and congratulations to your son! must be the day for gradings as my ds2 did his tae kwondo grading today. he won't find out till tomorrow if he has passed - fingers crossed!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll keep my finger crossed for your DS2 bunbun2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done to your son and your card looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to your son! I love your card, the shaded die cuts look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claire

    Great male card and super vibrant colours.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL good on you for thinking ahead, it looks fab i bet he was well pleased, and well pleased with his card too, hugs Pops x x x

    P.S. The writing is really light and you cannot hardly see what you have put x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay - well done to your little one. Great card too - I love the stamp. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...