Wednesday 4 May 2011

It's A Black & White Christmas!

OK I know it's far too early to be making Christmas cards, but I can't be doing with all that last minute stress and rush to get them done. So - I've made a start :) I can almost guarantee though that my resolve to make Christmas cards throughout the year won't last and that I'll be the proverbial headless chicken in November and December trying to get my cards done!!



The image is part of the Christmas Motives Set from the My Paper World range and has been stamped with Versamark onto smooth white cardstock and then heat embossed with a black glitter powder. The sentiment which was a freebie from a magazine has been given the same treatment. I've then used a scalloped edging punch on the various layers before adding black ribbon prior to mounting them. The black polka dot card is from Inspire Me Papers and the gems are from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Claire

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
A Spoonful of Sugar - White and another colour
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Going Dotty
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything goes
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Something beginning with C
Sparkles Forum Challenges - Anything goes
Totally Paper Crafts - Glitter

21 comments:

  1. Good idea, I did that last year and haven't done any this year so far. I think you tend to do better quality designs when you have more time rather than that last minute rush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Claire, very classy. You can never be to early for Christmas.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is so classy and upmarket, amazing work

    Hugs,Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a fab monochrome card .. it really is stunning... love the image
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous christmas card. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Claire - it's so very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This card looks amazing!!!
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still can't get in the mood to do Christmas cards...but rock on, girlfriend! You'll be laughing at me when I start...in December. :) Fabulous card. Love the elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, so elegant! And I love your choice of black and white! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Love the gem effect and the black and white!

    Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Hugs, Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab & elegant card! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! HUgs & Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi beautiful!!! this is such a gorgeous card Claire and that stamps is lovely. Black and white is soooo effective. Know what you mean about Chrissy cards hun, me and some gals have set up a Christmas club where we set a challenge every fortnight if your interested. Info on my blog or you can email if you are interested mate. Ive made 11 so far!!!. Thankyou for your lovely comments earlier lovey on my blog. Glad you like the kitchen!. Yep Wendy is definitely an inspiration to me and makes you put your own probs into perspective. Take care darl, big hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh this is just brilliant hun adore black and white and this is just so effective hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Card,Thanks for playing along with A Spoon full of sugar this week,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful - i love christmas any time of year x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Claire, very elegant looking. I love the heat embossing. I must do more of this as I love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. stunning, gorgeous in black and white

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card, I keep meaning to make Christmas cards in advance too but never seem to manage it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, it's very striking x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...