Friday 28 October 2011

Delicious Doodles Challenge - Good vs Evil!!

Finally I managed to make it for a Delicious Doodles Challenge! I haven't joined the girls for so long it's a wonder that they haven't booted me from the team! Since I last played along with them there have been a few changes, not least of which is that we are now fortnightly which gives you oodles of time to make something and join in the fun. Full rules can be found on the blog.

This time the challenge is nice easy one Saintly Good stuff, or Ghostly Evil stuff. We are celebrating two festivals Halloween on 31st October and All Saints Day on 1st November. You get to choose which theme to follow, or you could combine them both, it's up to you!! I decided that I go with darkside this time and have made a fun invite for some friends that will (hopefully) be coming to dinner on Halloween. So what do you think of it? Would it tempt you to join me??



I made a simple stepper card out of acetate and then used a plethora of images from the Delicious Doodles shop. The images have been coloured with Promarkers and Distress Inks. I've added Stickles to the wings, moon and decoupaged slopes. The iron railings have been heat embossed and then cut out (I would've stamped them directly onto the acetate, but discovered at the last minute that I'd run out of heat resistant acetate). The "Join Us" sentiment has been made using my Dymo label maker and acetate, coloured with Promarkers.


Before I go, I'd just like to thank everyone who has voted for me over at Sweet Pea Stamps - I really do appreciate it. If you haven't yet voted and would like to do so, please follow the link .


Have a fab weekend - I'm hoping to get some serious crafting done and may even be back on Sunday with another project that I've been working on.


Claire xxx

Materials
Images -  Gravestone Scene, The Grim Reaper, Vampyress, Spooky Haunted House
Railings & Bats - Martha Stewart Halloween Set
Heat It Up Silver Embossing Powder
Promarkers
Stickles - Stardust
Distress Inks
Acetate
Tools - Heat gun, Martha Stewart Scoreboard, Purple Cows Guillotine, Tim Holtz Blender, Dymo Label Maker

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Purple Frog - Sparkle
Divas by Design - Spooky
I Brake For Challenges - Halloween
The Paper Shelter - Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Crafters - Halloween

24 comments:

  1. Stunning - when I crawled out of bed this morning was definitely the dark side lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant..absolutely brilliant!

    So much detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow hun this is brilliant gosh really love the scene you have created here just stunning hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work on this one hun! How could they resist that invite??!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally Fabulous - love the images and the way you put them together on this scene is super. :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning Claire,super images.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Claire, that's some invitation you've created! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow Claire, this is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card love your image and colour choice. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible card Claire although Death reaching out his hand does give me the heebies LOL. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fab i love the dimension thanks for sharing at Divas hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW amazing work, looks fabulous, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it- have a great weekend
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great dimensional card, was this that time you said you were getting mucky? Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple she says. ha!

    This is once again GORGEOUS! I just love that Grim Reaper image :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic hun...and love the design too...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW this is gorgeous girl. I casted my vote and hope you'll win
    hugs
    Ildz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there, oh wow this is amazing! Such depth to the invite. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, THAT is awesome. Love not only your coloring but the way you created a 'scene'. I love it. So glad you joined us in the Sisterhood of Crafters for our Halloween challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Amazing card! Fabulous work!!

    Happy All Saints Day!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is so creative

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely amazing! Stunning work! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...