Friday 18 November 2011

My GDT Card for Polka Doodles Shaped Christmas Card Challenge

Morning. Confused?? Nope I'm not here with my Sweet Pea Stampers challenge post (that'll be posted later), but I am here with my GDT card for Polka Doodles!! Can you believe that they asked me to GDT for them?? No me neither, but I'm super excited and having a blast playing with their images and papers from the new Pretty Tuff CD :D

So this week the challenge is Shaped Christmas Cards. Now when I saw the challenge title I knew immediately what I was going to do (or so I thought!!!). However, once I started working on my card it just wouldn't work no matter what I did. I think part of the problem was that I'd become obsessed with certain elements the card and instead of ditching plan A and moving onto plan B, I fixated on those elements and just couldn't move on!!

Anyway, after much huffing and puffing I finally decided to scrap my initial plan of a snow globe and use similar elements to make a bauble card. I'm reasonably happy with the outcome, but would make a couple of changes if I made another one - not least of which would be to suspend the kraft element in between the acetate outers! Anyway the one thing I'm really pleased with is the fact that not only is this a card which can free stand, it can also be used as bauble if the recipient runs out of room on the mantle or wants it as a keepsake.


I've also struggled to photograph my card. The pictures don't show the sparkle, shimmer and texture of the card and sadly the snowflake stamped acetate obscures the snow scene background (in real-life the snowflakes are really subtle and you can clearly see the trees and super sparkly scene). In an attempt to show you the snow scene I've lifted the acetate front panel - but my piccies really don't do this card justice :(


I hope you like my card and will pop over to the challenge blog to see what the other DT members have created.

Have a great weekend folks.

Claire x

Materials
Polka Doodles - Pretty Tuff CD
Acetate
Kraft Cardstock - Papermania
Stickles - Frosted Lace
Promarkers
Prismacolor Pencils
Ribbon - Crafty Ribbons

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Cards for Men - Christmas
Craft Your Passion - Let it snow
Hooked On Crafts - Something Punchy
Paper Sundaes - Digital
Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog - Kraft
Di's Digi Designs - Ribbons & Bows
Little Claire's - Shaped Cards
Papertake Weekly - When is card not a card?

15 comments:

  1. It's really lovely, great idea to have a boy type card for a change too. Yay on being a GDT for Polka Doodles!

    I can identify with your problem of photographing sparkly bits on camera! Soooo frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Claire love the shape and style,congratulations on the GDT.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous sweetie & why on earth wouldnt they ask you? You are extremely talented sweetie!!!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card thanks for joining us at little claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire, fantastic! I'm lov'n plan B, very clever and beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire,
    Wow hun this is fabulous. Love the colours you've used - can't decide if he looks cold or just plain fed up!! LOL
    hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. I really like the idea.
    I to get fixated on certain elements that I have to have in a card and these cards can take me a week to finish as I keep leaving them and then going back and just looking at them. I hate it when that happens as I have so many cards to make!
    Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. A most awesome compilation of designs, creations! any person just looking for inspiration can use this library you have compiled! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Clare that is just gorgeous as ever, love the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning Claire, I love everything about it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Claire...

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card and I love the shape. Thanks for joining Di's DigiDesigns Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally understand about the sparkles not showing up in photos! So frustrating! this is very cute! Thanks so much for Getting’ Digi with It this week at Paper Sundaes! Good luck!

    ♥ Lisa M.
    My Craftin’ Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous,great idea and I love all the elements and detail....Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...