Friday 8 June 2012

Last Minute Father's Day Card!

OK so who stole this week? There was me sitting chilling with a nice glass of vino collapso and the phone goes and it's work, wanting to know if I want to do some extra hours - so as you do, I declined politely.

My lovely colleague at the other end of the line then said "see you tomorrow then!" At which point the conversation went something like this:

Me "Huh, I don't think so!!"
Colleague "You're not down as taking leave?"
Me "It's Thursday tomorrow and I do Friday..."
Colleague "Ummm - It's Friday tomorrow!!!"
Me "No way", glances casually at the date on the lappy, "oh pants - I've lost a day!"
Colleague laughing at this point "See ya tomorrow then!"

So not gutted enough that I was going to have work in the morning, I realised that I hadn't done my DT card for this week's Delicious Doodles Challenge which is One For The Fellas! Gulp a man's card needing to be done and quickly!! Not a great feeling! Anyway, I've knocked something together - not one of my best I'm afraid and you'll have to excuse the dodgy pictures cos they were taken at night, and this is it...........


I printed out the image Golf Ball & Tee three times, coloured it with Promarkers, cut it out and mounted it onto Green Bazzill Card using silicone glue. The golf ball has been de-bossed using a freebie embossing folder. The sentiment is computer generated and I've used my Cropadile Big Bite to set some eyelets, before threading onto string. I'm certain my Dad will like this card - only cos he loves anything golf based ;D

Anyway, thanks for stopping by today. I hope you all have a fab weekend - those of us in the UK will be battening down the hatches as there is a huge storm forecast to hit :( On the bright side it means more time for crafting!! :D

Claire xxx

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
CRAFT - Male card
Digi Doodles Shop's Best - Male Card
Dude Time Doodles - Boys & Their Toys
Penny's Paper Crafty - Father's Day
Digital Tuesday - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes optional Father's Day
Sassy Cheryl's - It's all about the Dad's & Grandad's
Cards for Men - Father's Day
Love to Create - Father's Day
Little Claire - Male Theme

24 comments:

  1. Love this - clean simple and fantastic - I'm always losing days think it's time to be getting myself back to a proper job lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Claire - & your Dad will love it 'cos YOU made it. xx PS I'm another who's 'lost' a day this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Claire. Its awful when you lose a day. I was like that when T was first born.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Claire! Love everything about it - the image,colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know the feeling hun, this last fortnight seems to have disappeared somewhere!
    Fab card, need to do one for my Dad too.... no inspiration just now though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card Claire! Sorry you lost a day this week, maybe you'll find it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hun this is one,brilliant,fathers day card love the image and super design,if your find the day you lost can you let me know,he he,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a fantastic card. Love the image and how you have the thin, white border around it, making it really pop. So glad you joined us for the Boys and their Toys challenge at Dude TIme Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Card. I love the image. Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenges. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card for a golf fan, love the design. Lol at you and work, just hate it when things like that happen :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww what a great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Dude Time Doodles this time for our Boys & Their Toys Challenge! I hope you can play next time too!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card, Thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles this week Good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice - thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly challenge, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your golf themed card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on your card. Looks fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow what an amazing card, thanks for joining us at cards for men , dontcha just hate it when ya lose a day espesh if ya have to work lol
    hugs sandra dt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great masculine card. Love the design for a guy. Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd like to know who stole the week too. If you find out, please let me know!!!!
    Love, love, love this elegant card. It's perfect for Father's Day!
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Grads & Dads challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really great Father's Day card. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create this week. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card :) Thanks for joining in with the Papertake weekly challenge this week and good luck :) - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really Cool Card! Thank you so much for Joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week!! Please Come back and play with us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH! this is a fantastic father's day card! love it!
    thanks for joining us for the
    Sassy Cheryl Grads or Dad's challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have lost more than a day before so your comments totally cracked me up. I think it is this hobby - it gets in you and when you are creating or thinking of creating, time just flies!!!! The card is wonderful and so well done. Perfect for the Dude Time Doodles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hehehe - now I thought it was just me that looses time!!! Vino Callapso - I do like that!

    Fab card too! Thanks for entering the Dude Time Doodles Challenge - hope you can join us again next time! Dude Time Doodles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...