Friday 15 June 2012

Life's A Beach!

Hopefully the scheduling widget hasn't let me down today! I'd like to blame Mr Blogger but I think it's more due to my incompetence!!

Anyways. it time for another challenge over at Polka Doodles and this week we want to see Summer! I think someone had the bright idea that if it won't come to us, that'd we'd make our own one! Now I really struggled with this challenge, totally lacked inspiration and kept going back to the same image which I've used a couple of times before. So after much umming and arrggghhhing I decided that I try and scrapbook a picture I took of my son when we were on holiday a couple of years ago. Now I say try, as I'm not a natural scrapper and therefore it's not something I find particularly easy. However, I'm determined that I will persevere as I have so many lovely pictures that are just sitting on my hard drive taking up space that it seems a shame not to do something with them. So here's my project for the week - what do you think?


Materials:
Sundae of Seasons
Studio 12 Picknix - Collection 1
Candy Doodles Collectors Edition
Stickles
Glossy Accents
Prismacolor Pencils

Whilst I hopefully have your attention I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that Polka Doodles has a DT call out at the moment as does Studio 12. You can find all the details of how to apply and what's required by clicking on the links.

I hope you all have fab weekend (although the forecast is pants - again). I think we're going to be stuck indoors doing chores, but I might manage a little trip out to the cinema to see the new Snow White and The Huntsman Movie.

Claire xxx

PS Message for Marg - the link to freezer paper is here and the post with the tutorial is here

I'd like to enter this page into the following challenges:
{PIN}spirational Challenges - Shell picture
Craft Your Passion - Anything goes
Crafty Cardmakers - No cards, tags or ATC's
Creative Monday's - Summer
Fashionista Weekly - Simply Summer
Incy Wincy Designs - Use more than one digi
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Catered Crop - Banners/Bunting
Quirky Crafts - Feature something you'd see in the sky!
Simon Says Stamp - Joy's Photo Inspiration

21 comments:

  1. A gorgeous layout Claire,love the photo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it's a gorgeous page, but I know what you mean, natural scrapper I aint either.

    Love the beach houses and bunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific page and great layout! Your son is a real cutie-pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brill - love the bunting and the beach huts xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little beach huts on this layout - it looks really great. I have given up trying to scrapbook - am thinking more about going digital!! Anyway, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge this week! Be sure to become a follower and join us again every week!!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab Layout and such cute beach houses
    thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week
    hugs Nikki C & DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful page Claire! I love the scene you've created and the photo is just gorgeous :) Sarah x
    Spotted it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you must be a natural scrapper whether you think so or not!! LOVE this layout and page. So cute with that little banner on it and love the colors - cute photo too! Very cute and so summery looking!
    Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't believe you, hun - your scrapbook page is fab, wish I was there instead of here! Lol. Hope you made it to the film - it's fab, he can come and hunt me any day! Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is a fab page. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire your layout is fantastic but then you had a great photo to use and boy doesn't it look fab I love the banner detail just perfect! Hope you are having a great weekend Love Chanelle x

    Just to let you know I have some Thank You Candy on my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hun what a lovely photo and layout.. smiles.. I'm still waiting for some sign of summer.. lol..

    I just clicked on Marg's link (because I couldn't help myself!!) ho hum.. and I got lost in the world of freezer paper.. smiles... love that technique!!! I think I may have to risk my printer (my old one) and just try that out some time. Smiles.
    Thank for joining us this week and good luck!
    Don't forget to check back next week to see if you made my Pick Of The Week!

    Smiles -  Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that your picture & layout is awesome and LOVE all the elements too! Great to see you at Incy Wincy this week, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep meaning to start scrapbooking too - as you say, so many photos stored on the pc! I think you've done a really good job with this page - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Claire

    Wonderful page!! I keep thinking about scrapping pages for my boys but find it so hard to get started. Your page is so inspirational!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday.

    Michelle :o)

    A pleasant little surprise on my blog for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you've done a fabulous layout even if scrapping doesn't come naturally. I love the embellishments, the beach huts in particular look fab and the paper made to look like waves is brilliant.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great layout. Love how the shell picture inspired you to make a layout, than a card! Lovely page!

    Thanks for sharing at Pinspirational Challenges :)

    - Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super layout, I love all your details

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Claire this is a super layout hun. I have never seen you scrap before but it looks like something you do all the time!!! definitely wanting to see more layouts from you if this one is anything to go by. Love all of the pastel colour scheme, the cute beach houses and bunting. Looks like a great PD CD. I haven't scrapped for ages but looking at yours is making me feel like getting back into it lol!. Seeya later lovely, hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love this adorable, fun summer layout. You really captured the feeling of summer and fun. Thanks for sharing this beautiful art, and for the inspiration.
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    P.S. I have blog candy on my blog at:
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...