Thursday 21 June 2012

Vintage Sewing Book Card

Ahh Ha!!! You weren't expecting to see me today were you? I bet you're wondering what I'm upto? Well I'm super proud and rather excited to be able to tell you that I'm part of the Studio 12 Design Team and as such it's my turn to post over on the new Studio 12 blog. If you've not been over there yet, please do stop by as everyday one of the team post an inspirational piece.

Today I've decided to show you my final TV sample that I made using the new All Sewn Up Kit from the Studio 12 -  Picknix Collection 1. I've taken several pictures to try and give you an idea of what the book looks like from different angles (so apologies yet again for another picture heavy post!).


This is the front of the book (see this post for links to the tutorial). The image has been coloured with Promarkers, Flex-markers and Prismacolor Pencils.


I created the shop front window using a Memory Box Die and some Glossy Accents. The Dress Form is a pre-coloured element from the CD. The book is held closed by some seam binding which has been aged with Distress Ink.


Once you open the book, you're greeted by this little scene which has been created using a few buttons and lots of elements from the kit. I only used real buttons cos I was seriously pushed for time on this project, otherwise I'd have used the ones that come with the kit.


The tape measures have been printed onto masking tape. I love the effect that this gives as it looks really delicate, but it's actually really robust! I've then dusted the back of the tape with talcum powder (this stops it sticking together and also from sticking to the wrong place on the layout. Once I've got it in position I've used silcone glue so that the dimension holds.


I made the little fabric roll simply by creating a cardboard tube out of some kraft card and then wrapping some of the DP around it. The edges have been swiped with Distress Inks to make them pop a little. The little dress was created simply by cutting a semi circle of paper and then concertina folding (this forms the skirt) and drawing around the top of the dress form to create the bodice.


The sentiment has been printed onto white cardstock, aged with Distress Ink and then faux stitched. I've added Stickles to the words "Sewing" and "Soul".


Well that's about it from me today. I'll be back in the morning with my Delicious Doodles post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Claire xxx

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafts & Me - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Bingo (Ribbon, Die Cut & Buttons).
Craft Your Passion - Flips & Folds
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Stitching
Gingerloft - Vintage
Sugar Creek Hollow - More is better
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything goes
Stampin With The Dragon - Anything goes

20 comments:

  1. Gee, I've just been gobsmacked by your last "book" post and now I've been WOWED again by this lovely creation. Love all the detail. Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning - is that all fake sewing???? How do you make it look so good xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all fake sewing, too lazy to get my machine out and definitely not going to hand stitch all of that!!! I use my pokey tool to make the holes and then a fine liner for the stitches, don't try to be too precise either. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another design team, ooh you are going to be SO busy..but also well done you. Another great book card Claire, loving all the little details, fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire your card/book is amazing! It must have taken you ages to do.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness, how fantastic! Your sewing book is a real masterpiece! Love all the details and gorgeous eye-candy! Absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally awesome Claire ...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, wow, wow, this is amazing, love all the detail x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a creative piece of work and just love all the detail you have put into it. I am linking up from Make it Monday and am so glad I was able to be introduced to your blog
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. My word Claire you go girl!!!!! Congratulations on your new DT post gosh Stidio 12 you really must be on a high at the moment!!!! A fabulous sewing book with the most gorgeous detail just wonderful! Chanelle xxx

    Have a wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just fantastic ! And your details are stunning.
    Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion this week.
    Hugs Berit - GDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic card. How clever. I need to go and do some serious playing with Studio 12.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhhhhh, about fell off the chair! It's GORGEOUS. Congratulations on the new DT position. Your card/book is out of this world. Love the vintage style. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!This is gorgeous.So much has gone into this incredible creation.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really love this, must have a go myself, so creative and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning :) Thanks for playing along with our bingo challenge at Papertake weekly and good luck -Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an incredible project! A treasured work of art! So glad you joined us at sugar creek hollow

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic, just a wonderful bookcard.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know I have already said it but congratulations again on the Studio 12 DT. So well deserved chickie. You have totally bowled me over with this book card honey, it is amazing. This is a lovely kit Claire and what you have done with it is gorgeous. Has a lovely vintage feel and although it is faux stitching you would never have know (shouldn't have said anything lol!!!). There is so much detail in the card and your photos have certainly done it justice. Would love to see this in real life!!!. Well done again hun. Big hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...