Well have you guessed - I bet not!!! LOL
Only STAMPOTIQUE!!! Yep you heard right Stampotique!!! Shocked huh?? But not as shocked as I was!
I really don't know how I've contained my excitement and nerves for this GDT as it's completely out of my normal zone, but I have had a blast and will definitely be incorporating their stamps in more of my makes! I'm still a little (OK well a lot) surprised that they invited me, so I hope that I can rely on your support over the next month cos I kinda feel a little teency bit intimidated by the uber talented designers they have over there! Pop onto to the designers blog to check out some of the work.
For my first project I thought I'd make an acetate exploding box, but it didn't quite pan out as I'd planned and I'm not entirely sure that there's an easy answer. If anyone who reads this post has managed to make a box without the problems I've encountered, please do let me know where I went wrong!!!
As you can see from my photo the box only opens on two sides. I tried a full explosion, but the walls went wildly out of shape, so I thought the solution would be to give it more stability by making the explosion on two sides only. It kind of worked but still isn't 100% as I would like it!! However, this was a "happy accident" for me, as I actually think I prefer it to a full explosion as it gives me far more scope for scene building!!
The next problem was trialing the caught in crystal technique using floor polish which I personally don't think is as successful as using glue! The alcohol inks don't spread as effectively and the solution struggled to contain glitters, plus it was really, really messy. However, I did make a discovery from this experiment which I'll share on another day, so again, it's not all bad!!!
So in summary, an all acetate exploding box is going to be a no, no for future projects. As is using floor polish to create the caught in crystal panels! So with the wondrous thing that is hindsight, I'll use black card for the box base and the caught in crystal acetate panels will be created using glue!
Anyway, lets move onto the things that did go right! :D The scene in the middle was created using the image Smushasha by Daniel Torrente and Cloud Clay covered in modelling paste and spray inks for the rock. I stamped the acetate panels with the image Daisy Daisy by Jo Capper-Sandon, coloured them with Metallic Promarkers and then placed a tiny pearl in the centre of each one. The text is also by Jo Capper-Sandon and can be found here. I then used a tiny flower punch to create the flowers on the rock and glued them to some cake decorating wire that I twirled around my pokey tool.
I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges:
Just Keep On Creating - Anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes
Hooked On Crafts - All that glitters
Make It Monday - Anything goes
Smudgy Antics - Anything goes
Catch the bug - Anything goes
Crafty Mess - Fantasy
The Secret Crafter - Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Texture