Friday 23 November 2012

Exciting News & An A4 Paper Gift Bag Tutorial

Well some of you may already know my news, but for those of you who don't...... I've been asked to join the Crafty Ribbons DT as a project maker!!! :D  Sorry for not telling you all sooner, but I don't like to post unless I have something to show you and I've been mega busy lately with various projects and some much needed building work which has left little time for crafting :(

I'm being a bit cheeky with this weeks post as I'm using my project for not one, not two but three DT samples (see I told you time was tight!!). So if you're ready.....deep breath and ...... the challenge this week over at Crafty Ribbons is to use two ribbons we have a fabulous prize of          . The Polka Doodles Challenge is to use a die and the prize is a copy of Nikky Hall's fabulous Colour Therapy DVD . Finally it's also my turn to post over on the Studio 12 inspiration blog (I hope you've all remembered to enter this months giveaway, cos there's a fabby prize on offer!!!).

Anyway, after much thought, I decided that I'd make one of my little gift bags using a sheet of A4 paper! Which means that I've also killed four birds with one stone and finally got round to doing one of the long awaited tutorials that I promised  awhile back! Yay go me!!!

So here's the bag and below is a tutorial which I'm kinda hoping makes sense!!! If it doesn't give us a nudge (and be sure to leave a contact email) and I'll try to explain things a bit more clearly.


Now, you'll have to forgive the picture quality for the tutorial, but these photos were taken at night and with my old camera.

1. Take a piece of A4 decorative paper (I've printed mine from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist) and score a line down the long edge at 1 1/2"


2. Then take an edging punch and with the white side facing punch a patterned edge.



3. Then fold along the score line.

4. Next take a mini cereal box and wrap the paper around it so that the outer edge meets the edge of the box exactly, lightly crease the corners to give you guide for scoring.


5. Score the creases you have marked (mine were at 3", 4 10/16", 7 1/2 and 9 2/16"). Wrap around the box to ensure that you get a neat edge. If there is a slight overhang simply trim to size.


6. Next trim the inside flap down so that it is about 1/2"


7. If you're going to ink the edges, now is the time to do it.


8. Wrap the paper around the box and glue the edge into place as shown. I tend to get the top edge as perfect as I can, hold in place with a clip and then slide the box down through the paper so that I can apply pressure to the glue and keep a perfect edge. Leave to dry thoroughly.


9. Once dry, slide the box towards the base of the bag leaving approximately 1/2" then fold as shown (it's the same as if you were wrapping a parcel).


10. Glue and leave to dry.


11. Remove the box and then pinch the top edges of the bag together to fold the side seams in half.


12. Fold the bag completely flat as shown and punch holes for handles or a threaded tie top. Decorate as you please.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Claire x

Materials:
Blue Happy Christmas Ribbon - Crafty Ribbons
White Loopy Ribbon - Crafty Ribbons
Studio 12 Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist - Polkadoodles
 Marianne Creatables LR0125 die

I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges:
Make It Monday - Anything goes
Bunny Zoe's - Winter
Crafty Bloggers Network - Christmas Anything goes
Fashionista Challenge - Blue Christmas
Hooked On Craft - Christmas No Red/Green
Little Claire's - Christmas

21 comments:

  1. Congrats on your DT news Claire,your bag is fabulous and thanks for the tutorial.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your new DT and that tutorial is fab, what a great idea, thanks for sharing x

    hugs
    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the CR team and what a gorgeous bag. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous bag Claire and kudos for thinking ahead to complete three DT projects! I think your tutorial was very clear, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally & utterly fabulous sweetie love this gift bag. Huge HUGE congrats on your new DT hun so well deserved hun :0)

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! This project looks gorgeous, they are lucky to have you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your DT place.
    This is fabulous. I love the design and gorgeous detailing

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab project, Claire - I love the tutorial and will definitely be giving it a try, just need to find a suitable box! Lol.

    Congratulations on your new post at Crafty Ribbons, hun - you deserve it.

    Have a great weekend,
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally fabulous and thank you so very much for a wonderful tutorial/idea! Smiles.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new DT and what a gorgeous bag.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great gift bag you've made from scratch - thanks for the tutorial! You've decorated is so beautifully, love the gingerbread man and the distressing is a nice touch. I spotted your gift bag on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh fantastic project love it- off to munch some Frosties - I love Frosties :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. MAJOR blog catch up. Huge congratulations on the DT news and what a way to announce it :) This is a great tutorial - that bag looks so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your gorgeous bag, super colour combo and love the image. Thanks for playing along with us over on Fashionista. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...this is such an adorable creation. Love your tutorial. Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely little bag, I wouldn't have thought to use a little cereal box, and thanks for sharing your know-how!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's wonderful news and I LOVE your little bag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just stuning Claire, I love everything about it. Many congratulations on your new role at Crafty Ribbons xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Writing this one a bit late but well done on the Crafty Ribbons DT role and thanks for the great tutorial. My boys would LOVE me to get some of those little cereal boxes with the sugary cereals they don't normally get, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fab project. Lovely colours, design and embellishments. Thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...