Sunday 6 April 2014

Getting Plastered!

This is a fun little sample that I made for the TV launch of Work & Play 1. It was a fairly easy card to make once I'd decided where I was going with it.


I'd seen this style of base card around a few blogs and so thought I'd have a go at creating my own. I'm really glad I did as they are excellent for creating scenes and offer a sturdy base which won't topple over once you start adding dimensional items.


I covered the base with the wood effect paper from the cd and then added the brickwork paper to the upright part of the card. I then used some Maimeri modelling paste to cover the brickwork, leaving gaps as though it had fallen off. To create the cracks I simply scrunched a plastic bag up and dabbed it onto the paste whilst wet.

Whilst the paste dried I coloured up Handyman Dave available from the CD or individually as a digi download with Graph'It Markers and then fussy cut him out. I also made the plaster's Hawk and Trowel from a piece of silver card, the "plaster" is a dollop of the modelling paste. The bucket is a clear plastic lid from a body spray which has been painted with silver acrylic paint and then filled with a drop of white acrylic paint. I used a cocktail stick to obtain the paint dribbles. The little paint brush is made from rolled and folded paper. The planks of wood were cut from the wood effect paper.

Once the paste was completely dry I assembled the card as shown attaching the sentiment with some brads I found in my stash.

Thanks for visiting today.

Claire

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
Kit & Clowder - Something Blue
Word Play Saturday - Anything
Craftitude - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafts & Me - Anything Goes
Just B Creative Crazy - Anything Goes
The Crafting Cafe - One for the boys
4 Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
Divas By Design - Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon - Make It Masculine
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Craftin Desert Divas - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Challenges - Masculine

29 comments:

  1. Aww this is awesome! I just love it! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Claire, this is gorgeous, fab design and details x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fabulous Claire! Love love the dimension, right down to the paint pot! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is brilliant hun love how you have done the bricks,and the rolled up pieces of paper super effective stunning hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Extremely creative, looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant and gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. I'm absolutely, head-over-heels IN LOVE with this project Claire! It's the cutest scene ever!!! You made the bucket look so real and the paint brush too-such clever ways to create them!!! This really had made my day and I'm so happy I found your blog! I'm your newest follower and I'll be blog-stalking you from now on! ;) Thank you for sharing your completely awesome and inspiring creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, I love the paint pot how cute!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is awesome! I love how you made the plaster look like it was falling off the brick wall! Thanks for joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Loving all your handmade accessories too, so clever! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too, too cute! Hope he doesn't kick the bucket of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - what a wonderfully fun card! Those brad are the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claire,
    This is so fun & cute, but what I like best is your ingenuity to create such a realistic DIY scene. Not too dissimilar from my own lounge at the moment, lol! Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the greatest craft ever!!! I absolutely love this!!!! This is so wonderfully done, I would just love it if you linked this up to Paper Crafting Challenges - Masculine theme. This is just so awesome I can't get over it, I have never seen anything like it!!!! ----There is still lots of time to play, and I sure hope I see you there!!\Hugz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha....I couldn't love this more!! Thanks so much for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door.

    Jeannie Thomas
    TTCRD Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  16. You see I love this card, I would however get in an awful mess with that paste LOL I must never be trusted with things like that! I lvoe the colours you have used, the style of card you have used and I love the image! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super fun! Great sentiment and your image/scene is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Craftin' Desert Divas!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  18. WELCOME, so glad you linked up!!! Thank you for linking up to Paper Crafting Challenges! So glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This. Is. AMAZING! I love it - the little plaster on the board, the paint pot... the teeny tiny paintbrushes... *sigh* Have you ever thought about doing doll house stuff? You'd be so good at making scenes. Love it. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. THis is just so fantastic it's beyond words!! <3 you're back with a vengeance!! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card Clire! I love all the little details! Thanks for sharing at The Crafting Cafe in our One For The Boys challenge this month!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. So clever I just adore it x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow What fantastic work this is! Good luck with the Crafting Cafe challenge this month! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the 3D effect! Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo Stamps for our ANYTHING GOES challenge. Good luck in the draw!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    BUGABOO DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful creation ..Thankyou for joining us at the crafty girls challenge blog..good luck ..Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous creation....thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Craftitude - Good Luck!
    Hugs Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brilliant design, I love all of it. So glad you joined us at the Crafting Cafe Challenge Janet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely brilliant! The bucket is a plastic lid? You are a genius!!! So loving your card :) hugs, Rita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...