Saturday 30 August 2014

Fairytale Castle Wedding Card


Just thought I'd show you this commissioned card/keepsake that I recently had the pleasure of making. The customer was really specific as to what they wanted and although it was a challenge I managed to incorporate everything they required from the order! This post is really picture heavy so apologies if it's a little slow loading.


The castle is an attempted replica of Herstmonceux Castle where the ceremony was taking place. I say attempted because there were so many details when I started looking closely at it, that it would have been almost impossible to replicate, so I've used a bit of artistic license on it!


The first thing I did was to create a template for the base. I didn't have template for a castle, so I created my own. The project had to be boxed for presentation as it didn't fold flat. Had I made the turrets square then the whole project would've folded flat for posting, which definitely something I will keep in mind for any future similar projects.


Next I covered the walls with papers from Polka Doodles Work & Play Collection 2 and then cut out individual bricks to make the arches on the bridge. I covered the drawbridge in a wood effect paper from Polka Doodles Work & Play Collection 1


I used a variety of cutting dies for the name/greeting plate, shield, foliage, bunting and flags. The tiny flowers are a punch.


The image is from  Mazyart and coloured with Graph'It Markers. I had to alter it slightly as the Groom has a very specific hairstyle which the customer wanted included.


The final request was for somewhere to write a message and place a money gift, so I made a little concertina pocket to the rear of the card which held a tag envelope.


This was a fun project to make and I understand the happy couple were delighted with it.


Thanks for stopping by.

Claire x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Calendar Challenges - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenges - Anything Goes
Crafts For Eternity - Tic Tac Toe (Dies, Punches, Blue)
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
My Heart Pieces - Use a digi stamp
The Crafters Cafe - Use Punches and Dies
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Just Inspirational - Wedding
PDE Linky Party - Dies/Punches
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes (see tip re turrets)
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes

22 comments:

  1. Wow...that is fabulous no wonder they were happy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Absolutely fabulous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, WOW!, you must be soooo pleased with how this turned out!!! What a fabulous card for a such a special day - so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! vThank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    ~Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god I am sat with my mouth open. This is amazing. I am so gobsmacked. A stunning stunning keepsake Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely are the queen of pop up! Gorgeous creation and such a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! You are soooooo talented, I'm crawling back under my rock and never coming out again!
    Much love
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words fail me Claire - wow wow wow!!! and wow again! Your makes blow me away chicky! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing card I bet the person you made it for was thrilled with it as will be the bride and groom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow lots of work great card and keepsake too,, thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this time, hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH My Wowzers, this is such an amazing project. This will definitely be a treasured keepsake for years to come. TFS it with us at PDE Linky Party.

    ~DT Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG wow this is amazing it must have taken you so long no wonder the happy couple were happy with it.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is a fab card and love the look on the bride's face. :) Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastic, and well done on this idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWZER!! This is such an elegant design!! I love the cute little wedding couple here too!! Beautiful job! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown Hugs - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fabulous! Gorgeous coloring! Thanks so much for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing project! Thanks for playing Tic Tac Toe with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is truly amazing! Love all the details. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is amazing, such attention to detail, I'm not surprised they were delighted with it.

    Thanks for joining in with our latest challenge at Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...