Sunday 19 July 2015

Take One Make Three Using PolkaDoodles Picnix Collection 3

You're probably wondering what I'm babbling on about huh? Well Friday saw the launch of the fantastic Picnix 3 Collection from PolkaDoodles and I loved it so much that I felt inspired to make a few samples but as always seems to be the way with me at the moment I didn't have a lot time to play. So I decided to cheat a little and made one piece of art which then produced a further three projects. I'll show you these over the next couple of days.


The piece of art in question is a mixed media canvas using one of the stunning backing papers from the collection, some modelling paste and acrylic paints. Once I was happy with my background I printed the robin image from the CD onto some tissue paper and coloured it with Prisma Pencils before adding it to the canvas.

I then scanned the canvas into the computer and use it to create the previously mentioned projects (before you do this please check with the original artist that they are happy for you to do this - the majority are, provided you meet and agree to certain conditions). I was amazed at how well it scanned and re-printed and the best part is it'll be there for me whenever I need quick make!

As is always the way when you leave a piece and come back to it, I decided that it needed something more. So I chucked a bit of Frantage over it and stamped and heat embossed some snowflakes.


I hope you like this project and that you will return to see the other pieces that I've created from it?

Thanks for stopping by today.

Claire x

I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges:
Crafty Calendar - Christmas in July
Little Claire's - Holidays
My Time To Craft - Christmas in July
CAS-ual Chic - Embossing
Crafting With Friends - Anything Goes
Digitally Sweet - Anything Goes
Morgan's Artworld - Christmas in July
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland - Traditional Christmas Colours
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
The Mirror Crack'd - Canvas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Anything Goes
Paper Creator's Crafts - Christmas in July
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
CRAFT - Christmas
Crafting By Design - Christmas

Products used:                                                                                  



28 comments:

  1. A fabulous background and gorgeous image - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw this Claire, I was blown away - it's stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow printing onto tissue paper... scanning? You've already list me but this is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an amazing Make ! I fell in love with this when I saw it on Create and Craft on Friday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gorgeous !!
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator challenge ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful card! Absolutely stunning background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning canvas and I just adore Robins,such friendly little birds...great texture too.
    Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow gorgeous make! Thanks for joining in with the Winter Wonderland Challenge this week!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job with this xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant! Love the texture and the robin is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing. I absolutely love all the texture. Thanks for playing along with us at CRAFT Challenge! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOOOO beautiful Claire. It's stunning and I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous canvas love the beautifully coloured Robin,all the frantage and embossed edges --Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to see you blogging regularly! This canvas is wonderful! What beautiful and artistic imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful details in your art. love it. Thank you for joining us at altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is gorgeous- such talented hun - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab canvas Claire! Love your choice of colours and your attention to details! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Mirror Crack'd challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been loving seeing all these pop up on Instagram but this canvas is definitely my favourite. I adore the texture, just yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, stunning creation!
    Thanks for playing with us at Little Claire's Designs Digi!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the embossing challenge at CAS-UAL Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful....love that robin. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
    You can find my candy here
    You can find my atc swap here

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...this is just lovely. Thanks for playing along with us at Morgan's Artworld Christmas in July Challenge. Good luck.
    Lynn, Morgan's Artworld Creative Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow a lovely festive canvas! Thanks for joining us at The Mirror Crack'd challenge this month x

    ReplyDelete
  25. That bird looks like a real one!! wow!!
    Thank you so much for taking part of the CAS-ualchic Challange

    Stay happy stay creative,
    ZOEY

    ReplyDelete
  26. Claire this is gorgeous. Love the robin, beautifully coloured and all that gorgeous winter texture!

    Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...